martes, 26 de abril de 2016

6 Minutes English

En esta práctica, mi compañero y yo hemos leido el siguiente fragmento de "The commute" de BBC Learning English
Neil: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English. I'm Neil…
Alice: … and I'm Alice. Now Neil, how do you get to work?
Neil: I cycle.
Alice: I didn't know that! Somehow I hadn't imagined you as a cyclist. And where's all your bike gear?
Neil: Well, I sneak in the mornings, have a shower, and get changed. That's my bike in the corner over there.
Alice: Oh, you've got a foldaway bike – which means it folds up so it's easy to carry or put away.Do you wear lycra, Neil? 
Neil: Yes, I do… it's very comfortable. I wear lycra as often as I can. Lycra by the way is a stretchy fabric used in tight-fitting sports clothes.
Alice: Well, I'll have to see if I can catch you on your way into the building – I'm intrigued about this sporty Neil I didn't know about!
Neil: 'Intrigued' means to be very interested in something. Well, Alice, I'm flattered. And today's show is about commuting – or travelling between your home and your work. So how did you commute this morning, Alice?
Alice: I got the Tube – that's the subway system here in London, also known as the underground – and it was a nightmare. We stopped in a tunnel for so long that people started talking to each other.
6 minutes english do it.mp3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario